Pearl of Wisdom
'The bane of religion is in jealousy, self-conceit and pride.'
Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad al-Sadiq [as]
al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 307, no. 5
Recommended Acts of Returning to Makkah
• To pray compulsory prayers in Masjid-ul-Haram for it is the best place in the world. All of the Prophets and Saints have prayed in this Mosque and done Tawaaf around the Kaaba.
• Recite and complete the Holy Quran in Makkah, it is said that one who does this will not die before seeing the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and his place in paradise.
• Praise and glorify Allah
• Look at the Kaaba often. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said: Looking at the Holy Kaaba with love eradicates evil completely. Imam Ali (A.S) says: While doing Hajj of the House of Allah, oftenly look at it for Allah has got a hundred and twenty compassions at the house – sixty for the performers of Tawaaf, forty for the performers of prayer and twenty for the onlookers.
• After Tawaaf of Hajj it is recommended to do Tawaaf and its prayer for one’s father, mother, wife, son/daughter, friend and all those from his area. One Tawaaf and its prayer for all of them would suffice but one for each of them would be better.
• It is recommended to do 365 Tawaaf, equal to the number of days in a year, each Tawaaf being seven rounds. If that is not possible then one should do 365 rounds, or if that is not possible then to do as many as one can. Tawaaf is better than prayer for one who comes from outside Makkah while for one who resides in Makkah prayer is better.
• Drinking form the well of Zam Zam. Imam Sadiq (A.S) says: The best of the water on earth is Zam Zam water. That must be the case for it is in the neighbourhood of the Holy Kaaba, the humble and the submissive, those who bow down, prostrators, performers of Tawaaf during night hours and during parts of the day, the holy and purified angels. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) used to drink (sent for it as a present) from it while in Madinah. Imam adds: The water of Zam Zam is a cure of what it is drank for.
Tawaaf of Wida
As one prepares to leave Makkah, it is Mustahab to do Ghusl and then perform Tawaaf for farewell. It is Mustahab to touch the Hajr-e-Aswad and the Rukn of Yamani in every round and to read all the recommended Duas upon reaching Mustajar. Thereafter proceed to pray Namaaz of Tawaaf.
At the end, it is Mustahab to come to Hajr-e-Aswad and cling to the sacred stone and the other extended on the wall. Then praise Allah for his blessings and bounties, read Salawat upon the Prophet (S.A.W) and the Ahlul Bait (A.S) and exit from the gate called Hanatain which is opposite of Rukn of Shami.
It is Mustahab to resolve that one would return for Hajj and pray to Allah that he would grant such an opportunity. It is also Mustahab to give away a Sadaqah of one handful of dates and distribute it among the needy, with the intention of recompensing for any errors, lapses or transgression during the state of Ihraam.