Pearl of Wisdom
'Take lesson from what Allah did to Satan. He foiled his many deeds and his hardworking efforts .... for being arrogant for an instant! So, after Satan who will be saved from Allah's wrath with something like his sin?!'
Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib [as]
Nahj al-Baldgha, Saying 192
Recommended Acts in Masjid Nabi
• Before entering Masjide Nabawi one should stand at Babe Jibrael and recite the dua on Page 45 of Adabul Haramain
• When entering Masjidul Haraam, enter with the right foot and do one Tasbih of ‘ALLAHU AKBAR’ and say ‘LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAHU WALLAHU AKBAR’. Also recite the following dua while entering and preferably learn it by heart : ‘BISMILLAHI WA BILLAHI WA FEE SABEE LILLAH WA ALAA MILLATI RASULILLAHI SALLALLAHU ALAYHI WA AALIHI WASALLAM’
• One should recite 2 Rakaat Namaaz of Tahiyatul Masjid – “I am reciting 2 Rakaat Namaaz of Tahiyatul Masjid, Qurbatan Ilallah”
• Recite the Ziyarat of the Prophet (S.A.W) s per Adabul Haramain, there are a number of ziyarat and mustahab acts to be performed
• There are a number of duas to be recited at certain points of the Masjid, refer to Pages 69 to 78 of Adabul Haramain for details.
• There is a difference of opinion as to where the Lady of Light, Bibi Fatima (A.S) is buried. Some say that she is buried between the Mimbar and the grave of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W), others say that she is buried in her own house (see 2,3, on the map on previous page) and some say she may be buried in Jannatul Baqee. The ziyarat of Bibi Fatima (A.S) is to be recited in the Masjid as well as at Jannatul Baqee, please see Pages 83 to 92 of Adabul Haramain for the ziyarats.
• In Masjide Nabawi, the best Ibadaat is to recite your Qadha Namaaz. It is recommended to pray 2 Rakaat Namaaz next to each of the 7 Sutoon (pillars) in the Masjid.
• There is also a platform there where one should recite Quran and then recite 2 Rakaat Namaaz of Jaffare Tayyar. This Ibadaah will ensure acceptance of your Hajaat – insha’Allah
• Between the House and the Mimber in Masjide Nabawi, there is a ‘piece of Jannat’ (according to Hadith please refer to map on previous page) where one should recite 2 Rakaat Namaaz. However this is not possible for the ladies because the area has been blocked off. Therefore, they should recite the 2 Rakaat Namaaz next to the gate that separates them from the ‘piece of Jannat’ to gain as much sawaab as possible.
• Before leaving Madinah, forget not to bid farewell to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the manner shown on Pages 137 to 144 of Adabul Haramain.