Pearl of Wisdom
'The best dowry is the simplest one.'
Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa [sawa]
Kanz al-'Ummal, no. 44707
Ziyarats in Medina
1. The Graveyard of Uhud – This is where the martyrs of the battle of Uhud are buried. Hazrat Hamza (A.S) the uncle of the Prophet (S.A.W) was killed and buried here.
2. Masjid Quba - First mosque of Islam. The Prophet (S.A.W) spent more than 20 nights here (after migrating) praying qasr while waiting for Imam Ali (A.S). It is mentioned in the Qur'an as the mosque founded on piety and devoutness
3. Imam Ali (A.S)'s house - Behind Masjid Quba is Imam Ali (A.S)'s house
4. Well of the Prophet (S.A.W) - In front of Masjid Quba, is a sweet-water well that is now closed. The Prophet (S.A.W)'s ring fell into this well hence the name Bi'ru al-Khatam (khatam = ring). It is also called Bi'ru Tufla
5. Mashrabat Umm Ibrahim - Joined to Masjid Quba is "Mashrabat Ummu Ibrahim". This is the room of the Prophet (S.A.W)'s wife Mariah Qibtwiyya (Umm Ibrahim). The Prophet (S.A.W) used to live and pray here
6. Masjid Fadhikh - It is situated in the eastern part of Masjid Quba. It is named after a palm tree that used to be at the place. It is also called Masjid Nakhl.
7. Masjid Qiblatayn (i.e. the mosque of two qiblas) - The mosque where the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was commanded to change his qibla from Masjid al-Aqsa (Jerusalem) to the Holy Ka'aba (Makkah)
8. Sab'a Masajid (lit. 'The place of 7 mosques'). There are now only five mosques - Masjid Ali (now closed), Masjid Fatima (now closed), Masjid Fath, Masjid Salman al-Farsi, & Masjid Umar.
9. Masjid Fath (lit. "mosque of victory") is at the top of a mountain. This is named after the Muslims victory in the Battle of Khandaq when Imam Ali (A.S) killed Amr b. Abd Wudd and the Prophet (S.A.W) prayed here for the Muslims victory
10. Masjid Ummul Mu'minin Mariyah Qibtiya (A.S), wife of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and mother of Ibrahim (A.S). This could be one of the two demolished mosques at Sab'a Masajid
11. Masjid Raj'atu-Shams - now destroyed
12. Masjid Ghamamah. Also called Masjid Eid. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said his Eid prayers here
13. Well (bir) of Ali, peace be upon him
14. Masjid Shajarah - Also known as Masjid Ali (A.S). This place is a Meeqat for those going for Umrah from Madinah to Makkah. The place is also known amongst the locals as Abar Ali