Ask Qul - QA
Question : #484 Category: Marriage - Muta'
Subject: please help
Question: I did Muta with a woman while I was permanently married to another. I had sexual intercourse with that woman who read the shahdatain in English for the sake of making her permissible for me in Muta. She was not a Muslim before that. She only gave shahada for the sake of marriage while she still had doubts about Islam. Does that make her a Muslim and did I commit adultery? If I did commit adultery, is my permanent Muslim wife halal for me? I have not consummated the marriage with my permanent wife yet and we also do not live together but we did nikah and we do see each other regularly.
Answer: If she pronounced the Shahadatain with the acknowledgment of its meanings and guarding the content in such a way that she sees herself, because of this amongst Muslims, then she is considered as one and your marriage to her is valid.

If her recitation was not real and without accepting the contents of the Shahadatain, then she is not a Muslim and your relationship with her is prohibited.

The said adultery does not affect your relationship with your present permanent wife.

We ask almighty lord to bless your present marriage and guide you to avoid prohibition and fallacies.

If you require further clarification on this answer, please use the feature to respond to the stated answer.
Copyright © 2024 Qul. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by B19 Design.