Pearl of Wisdom

when asked about Allah's saying to Abraham: He said, 'Do you not believe?' He said, 'Yes indeed, but in order that my heart may be at rest, and whether there was a doubt in his heart, said, 'No, he had conviction, but he wanted Allah to increase his conviction.'

Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Ridha [as]
Bihar al-Anwar, v. 79, p. 176, no. 34

Latest Answers

Receive Qul Updates


Ask Qul - QA
Question : #626 Category: Marriage - Nikkah
Subject: abandoned marriage
Question: Salam
A man and a woman enter into a temporary marriage contract but unfortunately the time period was not mentioned in the contract but had been verbally agreed upon prior. The marriage is now deemed to be permanent.

The man refused to go through the process of divorcing the wife, as his stand is that this marriage is temporary. The woman did not wish to consummate the marriage. The man abandoned her, without consummating the marriage and without giving her the dowry and have cut all contacts with her.

Please advise her on how she can annul this 'marriage' This situation happened 6 months ago.
Answer: Alaykum Salaam.

It's recommended to have this matter dealt personally with a representative of your Marja who with due discretion may intervene to annul the marriage.

If you require further clarification on this answer, please use the feature to respond to the stated answer.
Copyright © 2023 Qul. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by B19 Design.