Pearl of Wisdom

'Do not take for brother a man who hides your virtues and exposes your lapses.?

Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib [as]
Ibid. no. 10420

Latest Answers

Receive Qul Updates


Ask Qul - QA
Question : #218 Category: Divorce / Talaq
Subject: civil divorce and islamic ruling
Question: A civil divorce, according to the law of a western country, took place. The husband is adamant not to grant his wife a shari'i divorce, does not provide maintenance for her and not accept mediation.

What should the woman do, noting that her patience would certainly wear thin and, eventually, put her in an untenable situation (haraj)?
Answer: She should seek redress with the Marji' or his deputy. He would advise the husband to choose one of two courses of action: Either pay his wife maintenance money or grant her Islamic divorce, albeit by proxy. Should he chose neither, and that it was not possible to pay maintenance money, the Marji' or his deputy should carry out the divorce.

If you require further clarification on this answer, please use the feature to respond to the stated answer.
Copyright © 2023 Qul. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by B19 Design.